CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Charlie Chaplin Interview

Arjun Brara
Sept. 7, 2007
Period 2/8



Interview with Charlie Chaplin
New York Times

Charlie Chaplin, Also known as “The Little Tramp” was born on April 16, 1889 in Walworth, London. Famed world wide as both an actor and a Comedian, Charlie Chaplin began his career at the age of five replacing his mother in a musical while she was ill. And so, his hilarious, as well as overwhelming life began.

“Why did you decide to become a comedian?”

“Well first of all comedy came naturally to me, I hardly had to practice at all. Furthermore I got a stunning burst of laughter the first time I preformed a comedy piece. It encouraged me to continue, but I wasn’t too surprised, after all I am the best comedian in the world, what else should I expect?”

“Now you were married four times did that ever affect your career?”

“Briefly, I mainly experienced depression more than anger, or anything else. And this, I admit, did affect my work during plays and any other performances. But once again, only briefly. Although, work did help to take my mind off other social matters such as divorces, and more divorces.”

How hard was it to raise 11 children while going back and fourth between four wives?”

“Quite hard, after all I had to pay for all of there education, food, housing and many other thing, as well as provide for all my four divorced wives every now and then. So yes, it was quite difficult.”


“Was it hard to communicate to thousands of people during you’re film’s without using any words?”

“Surprisingly, no. Other things helped the viewers to understand what was going on such as the music in the background, it helped express the climax of the piece, when the most exiting moment was coming, and when It was about to end. Second of all I found it easy to communicate by doing rather than saying. So, it all worked out.”

“What do you feel was your greatest achievement?”

“Now, I can’t narrow it down to only one achievement, so I’ll say two. The first of my greatest achievements was winning an Oscar Award in 1972 for dedicating my entire life in theater, writing scripts, and lastly for my new comedy series Charlie Chaplin. The second greatest achievement was being knighted in England in 1975. Those were my two greatest achievements.



“Well, thank you for your time to today!”

1 comments:

Shuk said...

Hey

I really liked your sentence fluency for your interview. The sentence structure for your interview is good because and so its easier to read.